Dota 2 Betting
It's impossible to mention the top eSports games around today without talking about Dota 2. It's ranked as one of the most popular eSports games, with over a million active users. Dota 2 Betting has one of the largest markets at GGBet. Its popularity also attracts lucrative odds and bonuses that may not be found at other eSports. Read on to learn more about Dota 2 and how to wager wisely on it at GGBet.
Dota 2 Gameplay Mechanics and Elements
Dota 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) styled game that features two teams of five intending to destroy the enemy's base called "ancient". It's an advanced MOBA game compared to League of Legends.
Types of Dota 2 Bets
Dota 2 betting is generally known to have many markets, but GGBet even has more uncommon markets! Some of them include:
This is the simplest Dota 2 odds. You have to predict who will win the entire face-off among both teams in contention.
The handicap betting option is only open for face-offs with three or more games in the series. For example, if you give Flash Clan a handicap of -1.5 against Bloody Lotus, they must win the three-game series 2-0.
First Team To
First blood: is an eSports term for the first kill in the game. You may bet on which team or player draws the first blood in the game.
First to destroy a Tower: Towers are defensive buildings that are placed by each team and specific parts of the lanes. They have fixed range and damage and attack enemies that stray close to them.
First to Slay Roshan: There are neutrals in Dota 2 called creeps. They attack both factions in the game alike if provoked. The strongest creep is called Roshan. Killing it gives you special buffs and equipment.
While Dota 2 has the same map for all games except for special mods, you can bet on who will win the first map or second at GGBet.
This Dota 2 betting option allows you to bet over or under a specific line for each parameter. It may include total kills, total Roshan spawned and total towers. For example, if you bet the kills to be over 40.5, meaning the total number of kills in the game must be over 41 and above.
Major Dota 2 Tournaments and Leagues
Dota 2 is known to have the largest pool size of any tournament in eSports ever, with The International (TI) 2021 pooling a prize pool above $41 Million! There are also other massive Dota 2 tournaments with lucrative Dota 2 odds.
This ESL-hosted tournament has the third largest prize money in eSports, only behind Fortnite World Cup and another Dota 2 tournament, The International. The tournament is a part of the Gamers8 Cybersports Festival, and only Dota 2 is played. It is usually held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Dota Pro Circuit
This tournament involves a series of major tournaments across 6 different international regions; North America, South America, China, Eastern Europe, Asia and Western Europe. The top 12 teams after the series of tours in the regional league get an invite to The International. It is usually seen as a playoff for the premier competition.
The International (TI)
TI is the biggest Dota 2 tournament and arguably the biggest eSports tournament. It is usually one of the most anticipated for the year partly because of its large prize pool and also because of the quality usually on display, given how complex Dota 2 is.
How Do Dota 2 Betting Odds Work?
Understanding how betting odds work is necessary for you to know the right Dota 2 betting to wager on. The betting odds are usually displayed in either Decimal, Fractional or American odds format.
- Decimal Odds: This is the simplest way in which odds are displayed. They are usually shown in decimal figures starting from 1.0. Calculating your payout is very easy with it as well. All you have to do is multiply the odds by your wager amount.
- Fractional Odds: This odd type is common in Europe. It primarily indicates the profit you're winning on a wager. If you place a $20 wager on a market with odds of 3/2 fractional odds, your profit will be $20 × 3, $60 the dividend by 2, $30. However, your total payout will be $30 + your initial wager of $20, which is $50.
- American Odds: They are usually indicated in values of 100. It is usually called money line odd format, and it may be preceded by a negative (-) or positive (+) sign. If a market has American Dota 2 odds of -180, it means you need to wager $180 to win $100 extra. If it has +180, you will win $180 if you wager $100 on the market.
Understanding this gives a better insight into Dota 2 odds as well as helps you to make a better decision when you decide to place your wagers.
What Is Dota 2 Live Betting?
This involves placing Dota 2 Betting on ongoing Dota 2 matches. Dota 2 games typically take 30-50 minutes, and it gives room for GGBet to offer live odds on such games.
Why Live Bet on Dota 2 Matches?
Live bet opens up the opportunity to win more with Dota 2 odds at GGbet. Here are some of the pros of placing live bets:
- Improved Odds: One of the major reasons why punters wait for live games is because of improved odds. The line is constantly moving during the live game and it may open up the opportunity to take the option at much higher odds.
- Special Markets: Some markets are only available during live games. Some of them include the next kill, the next tower to be destroyed and so on.
- Live betting also opens up the opportunity to watch the game live to aid your decision-making while placing your wager.
Dota 2 Betting Promotions and Bonuses
Dota 2 is one of the most successful eSports, and as such, there are special promotions for Dota 2 Betting at GGBet, especially for new users!
No Deposit Bonus
This bonus type is usually available for new users. You are given a free bet to use at Dota 2 games after signing up. You don't need to make any deposit to get this bonus offer.
First Deposit Bonus
One of the most popular bonus types you'll find anywhere is the first deposit bonus. You're given a bonus amount depending on how much you deposit. This bonus amount may be used to make some Dota 2 odds wager.
Cashback is usually available for existing users. You get a percentage of your wager amount back in the form of bonuses that may be used to place bets on Dota 2 games later.
How to Place a Dota 2 Bet on GGBet
To enjoy GGBet's Dota 2 odds and markets, learn to place a Dota Bet by following these steps:
- The first step is to register your account with GGBet and complete the necessary steps to activate it.
- Visit the banking page and click the deposit option. Choose your most preferred deposit method and make a deposit.
- Visit the eSports section, choose Dota 2 and select a match you want to go wager on.
- Select a market and lock in your wager.
If the game is starting soon, you may watch it live and see the outcome for yourself. You may also come back later. If the wager is won, your winnings are automatically sent to your GGBet wallet and you may withdraw your winnings.
Dota 2 Betting Tips and Strategies
Having some Dota 2 knowledge and applying a few strategies may be key to winning big at Dota 2 betting.
- Check records: Having a good understanding of the teams that are to play is very important. Check their Head to Head (H2H) record, their performances at previous tournaments and also the team roster.
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of various heroes: This may be quite hard given the number of heroes present in the game. But a good understanding of the various heroes and their roles will help choose better Dota 2 odds.
- Place strategic live games: watching live games can give you insight into choosing a good Dota 2 market option at GGBet.
Customer Support for Dota 2 Betting at GGBet
Our customer support team at GGBet is ready to cater to all your queries and concerns, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable Dota 2 betting journey. Reach out to us anytime through our 24/7 live chat or email support, and we'll be right there to assist you. With extensive markets covering thousands of matches year-round, along with the best odds and exciting bonuses, GGBet is your go-to platform for Dota 2 betting. Don't miss out on our incredible welcome offer. Sign up now!